We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our home based 9 bedroom guest house. The following statement is a summary of what we can provide, however if you have any specific questions or requirements please feel free to call us and we will do all that we can to help you.
- Windermere train station is 15 minutes walk away and less than 5 minutes by car.
- There is a bus stop approximately 100yards from Rosemount, and frequent bus services to Lake Windermere and Ambleside/Grasmere.
- Windermere is approximately 10 minutes walk from Rosemount Guest House and Bowness is approximately 15 minutes, both are less than a mile.
- There are numerous local taxi services with accessible taxis if required, we are happy to make bookings on your behalf.
- Rosemount Breakfast Menus can be provided in large print by prior arrangement
You can contact us via phone (+44 15394 43739) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
- On arrival at Rosemount there is an open driveway that can be accessed directly from the main road.
- The parking bays are marked out, there are 6 or them and with prior arrangement we can reserve a space by the front door.
- The surface is level tarmac and there are 3 steps up to the front door approx. 18cm high, 27cm deep, 90cm wide.
- On arrival, we ask all guests to call at our front entrance. We can assist guests with luggage
Main Entrance & Reception
- The front door is always locked with a doorbell located to the right of the door. If there is going to be no one in guests will be contacted in advance and provided with an alternative arrangement.
- The front door is 90cm wide, with wooden floorboards throughout.
- On entry into our home there is a hallway 5.3 by 1.7 metres. Seating is provided.
- On arrival, guests are required to complete our registration form and are then shown to their rooms and our facilities are explained.
- Our entrances to the ground floor bedroom and breakfast room are 80cm wide.
- Corridors have a good colour contrast and are well lit.
- The covering on stairs and upstairs corridors is short pile carpet.
- The breakfast room and one bedroom are located on the ground floor.
- There are 18 stairs to the first floor landing followed by a further 17 stairs to the second floor landing. The stairs are 18cm high, 25cm deep, 90cm wide.
- As all bedrooms are en suite there is no public toilet available.
- As all bedrooms have TV’s with integrated DVD’s no public lounge is available.
- Breakfast is served in the breakfast room on the ground floor.
- The entry is level and the doorway is 80cm wide.
- Furniture is flexible and can be moved on request.
- Tables have underspace of 62cm high by 60cm wide (legs on each corner).
- The chairs do not have arms and are easily movable.
- Menus are provided in large print by prior arrangement
- We play background music at breakfast, this can be switched off by prior arrangement.
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and allergies can be catered for by prior arrangement.
- There is a mixture of self & waitress service. Assistance is available on request.
- Laundry facilities - are not available on the premises but there is a launderette within a 10 min. walking distance in Windermere.
- Shop - The nearest general stores are the Co-op and Morrisons. Both are in Windermere, approximately 10min. walk away.
- Leisure & Spa Facilities – are provided (for use by guests staying 2 nights or more) located within the Old England Hotel in Bowness.
- Outdoor Facilities – there is no garden access for guests.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- There is central heating throughout the house. The temperature of each guest bedroom is controlled by thermostatic controls on the radiators.
- The beds are made with synthetic duvets, and spare pillows & blankets are provided.
- Furniture is moveable on request.
- Integrated fire alarm - which operates a loud siren on activation. As it is sound only further assistance can be arranged with prior notification.
- Lighting – all rooms have an overhead light (either ceiling pendant or spot lights). There is one bedside light or over bed light per person occupancy.
- Typical Bedroom
- Each room has storage space which usually consists of a wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet.
- Average width of bedroom doorways is 80cm.
- Each bedroom has a hospitality tray with tea, coffee & hot chocolate.
- There is a TV/integral DVD with remote control.
- Fitted short pile carpet on the floor
- All rooms are en-suite. Typical En Suite.
- Average width of en suite doorways is 64cm.
- Average WC height is 41cm.
- Average height of wash-basins is 84cm.
- The basins are flat at the front and have semi pedestals underneath.
- Shower cubicle edge/step is 5cm high. Room 8 is the exception at 10cm.
- Towels and toiletries provided
- Ensuites with baths (Rooms 1, 4, 9)
- The bath edge is 57cm high
- Baths are fitted with a shower over. Non-slip bathmats are provided for use.
- Room Configurations
- Room 1 – Kingsize/twin bedded room. Kingsize four poster with a single bed in a separate snug room (accessed through an archway with a step 20cm high. Full en suite bathroom. Step of 20cm high to enter bathroom. Kingsize bed height: 65cm Single bed height: 65cm. Chairs: 1 armchair with cushioned footstool. Max 4 people.
- Room 2 – kingsize room. Shower en suite. Bed height: 65cm. Chairs: 2 open sided bedroom chairs. Max 2 people.
- Room 3 – superior single room (double bed – one side adjacent to the wall) Max 30cm walk through space along the side of the bed. Shower en suite. Bed height: 65cm. Chairs: 1 open sided dining table style bedroom chair. Max 2 people.
- Room 4 – Kingsize four poster room. Full en site bathroom. Bed height: 65cm. Chairs: 2 deep bucket style leather armchairs. Max 2 people.
- Room 5 – Single room. Shower en suite. Bed height: 65cm. Chairs: 1 open sided dining table style bedroom chair. Max 1 person.
- Room 6 – Standard double room. Shower en suite. Maximum 40cm clearance either side or around the bottom end of the bed. Bed height: 65cm. Chairs: none. Max 2 people.
- Room 7 - Standard double room. Shower en suite. Maximum 40cm clearance either side of the bed. Approx 60cm at end of bed. Bed height: 65cm. Chairs: 2 open sided bedroom chairs. Max 2 people.
- Room 8 - Single room. Shower en suite. Bed height: 65cm. Chairs: 1 open sided bedroom chair. Max 1 person.
- Room 9 – Superior Kingsize/twin bedded room. The large zip & link style bed can be configured as 1 super kingsize or twin beds. In the Super kingsize configuration a put-u-up bed can be added if required. Full en suite bathroom. Bed height: 65cm. Chairs: 2 wicker style armchairs. Max 3 people.
- Mobile phone reception is limited.
- We are able to use the front door in the need of evacuation. If you require more assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival and we will ensure you are evacuated safely e.g. hearing impairment.
- We are happy to take delivery of hired equipment (please let us know if ordered and the telephone number for hirers).
- We are a no smoking building (smoking is allowed on the porch and a bin is provided)
- There are no fridges in the bedrooms, we can put items of medication/food in our main fridge on request (not available 24hours).
- There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall, the first floor landing, and on the second floor landing.
- A selection of local information is available in our displays in the entrance hall.
- There is a guest information folder in each bedroom, which gives additional information on Rosemount and details of emergency contacts including doctors and hospitals.
- Address: Rosemount Guest House, Lake Road, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 2EQ.
- Telephone: 015394 43739
- Fax: 0871 714 6759
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.lakedistrictguesthouse.com
- Hours of operation: Closed 21 December- 27th December. Hours flexible to business, the Guest House is our home so occupied 24 hours. Mainline telephone answered 8am-10pm
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01539443739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Andrew & Louise Jones